HYBRID ZITHER INSTRUMENT
Zithergeist is a Kontakt library based on unconventional stringed instruments recorded in unconventional ways.
We have meticulously sampled note by note a number of atypical instruments like miniharps, mandolin of unknown origins and even an Apulian zither, known as ‘pasta-cutting guitar’, a guitar-resembling tool from the Southern province of Apulia (Italy), traditionally used to extrude pasta filaments from raw dough.
The recorded instruments feature multiple articulations, from finger plucks to hammered and muted effects, obtained experimenting with a variety of metallic objects applied to the strings. Moreover, each individual note can be mixed with 4 different layers of cinematic sound effects, derived from the same instrument and ‘tuned’ to the corresponding note. The result is an highly detailed, versatile instrument (up to 13 velocity levels per note/articulation and 4 round robins); you can play it as a realistic emulation of acoustic instruments and use it at the same time as a powerful, variegated tool to design your own sound effects.
Zithergeist is a unique instrument for cinematic composition: whether you want to create minimal dark melodies or heavenly arpeggios, piercing high frequency tones or emotional chord progressions , cinematic droning effects, eastern-reminiscent melodies or adrenalinic rhythmical sequences, Zithergeist offers you an arsenal of instruments and editing possibilities.
Zithergeist comes with an arpeggiator, a string editor, a sound effects editor and a convolution reverb with hundreds of impulse responses (IRs) to further colour and sculpt the sound: with dozens of presets for each instrument, you can take instant inspiration and make your own presets on the fly.
This library also features 3 Kontakt Instruments based on synthetic string sounds, created with a variety of physical modelling techniques, to blur the line between the acoustic and digital realm and offer further creative possibilities.
Zithergeist includes a separate set of Kontakt instruments purely focused on cinematic sound effects obtained by experimenting on the source instruments with bows and self-built mallets (500+ SFX 96 kHz – 24 bit)
Available as | Digital Download
Size | 6.9 GB
Acoustic – 2 Kontakt Instruments | Miniharp, Unknown mandolin, 3 articulations (pluck, hammer, mute), up to 13 velocity layers and 4 round robins, 50+ presets
Synthetic string – 3 Kontakt instruments | 2 articulations (pluck, hammer, mute), up to 13 velocity layers and 4 round robins, 30+ presets
8 sound effects instruments | Derived from Apulian zither and others, 600+ Royalty-Free sounds (96 kHz – 24 bit)
Kontakt (Full Version, v 5.8.1 or later) | 13 Instruments, Kontakt Play is NOT supported
License Agreement | Single-user license, Royalty-Free
You don’t necessarily need Kontakt to use the sounds. You can import every sounds in your DAW, in your favourite audio sampler, video editing software or in any software able to handle .wav files.
However, if you want to use our Kontakt Instruments, at least a FULL version of Kontakt 5.8.1 is required (Kontakt Play not supported).
Your opinion matters. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Zithergeist.
All prices listed are exclusive of VAT.
WHAT’S INSIDE ZITHERGEIST
- Acoustic Mini Harp (3 multi-sampled articulations, plucked, hammered and muted – 4 layers of tuned sfx – 30 presets)
- Acoustic Unknown Mandolin (3 multi-sampled articulations, plucked, hammered and muted – 4 layers of tuned sfx – 24 presets)
- Acoustic Apulian zither (bowed sound fxs – hammered sound fxs – percussive fxs)
- 3 synthetic string instruments (2 multi-sampled articulations, pluck and hammer – 4 layers of tuned sfx – 30+ presets)
- Up to 13 velocity levels and 4 round robins per note
- String editor containing unison effects, note detuning and transient master
- SFX editor containing Octave switcher and LFO
- Convolution Reverb containing 120+ IRs
- 8 separate SFX dedicated Kontakt instruments with individual control on each sample
- A total of 600+ High Resolution SFX (96 kHz, 24 bit – ROYALTY-FREE)
- 200+ source sound effects (96 kHz, 24 bit – ROYALTY-FREE)
Any Questions? Please read our FAQ
Learn how to use the Kontakt Instruments inside ZITHERGEIST
+LEAVE A REVIEW
Leave a review about Zithergeist. We would be happy to hear your thoughts.