• Playable Kontakt Instrument
• 260+ One shot SFX • MPE compatible
+ 50% OFF on any other cinematic sound libraries
MALEVENTUM: Horns Stabs & Pads
Maleventum is a Kontakt library inspired by medieval and Viking horns. We have committed to a deep research in the cinematic sound of epic war horns from ancient nordic and celtic cultures, from the carnyx to gjallahorn and bukkehorn (goat horn). We’ve recorded a huge amount of original medieval horn instruments, classical orchestral trombone and tuba, traditional flutes, horn instruments from the pastoral tradition across Europe and even self built blowing horns and pipes. All of them have been processed and layered to create a collection of epic braams, hunt horn calls, war horns, low tone brass sounds, high pitched screaming trumpets, animal-esque wailing sounds and much else.
Each sound and instrument contained in Maleventum instantly evokes scenes of forgotten dark ages, Viking armies and warriors, epic ancient battles, vast frozen landscapes, mystical pagan cults and supernatural presences hovering in the wind of the nordic woods.
Maleventum is for TV, film and game composers and sound designers looking for unique, carefully crafted sounds to enrich their compositions. It fits particularly well the epic genre, with specific regard to fantasy and dark age movies. It will be a very useful tool to provide plenty of inspiration for horror and thriller composers as to producers of dark electronic music and ambient.
2 INSTRUMENTS IN ONE RELEASE: PLAYABLE HORN PADS & SOUND DESIGN ONE SHOTS
Maleventum is composed of 2 different instruments:
– a playable, MPE compatible Kontakt instrument with over 100 snapshots and 58 MPE Multis, that combines up to 4 layers of horns, flutes and rare bagpipe sounds and textures. The Horns & Flutes instrument really shines when creating evoking, mystical and intimate tonal textures.
If you own a Roli Seaboard, Maleventum has been scripted to create evolving, rich hybrid pads by blending the layers and simultaneously controlling a vast amount of parameters at your fingertips. Maleventum can be also used in standard MIDI and it’s compatible with any midi controller.
– a Kontakt sampler of 260+ one-shots sounds (.WAV 96 kHz 24 bit) based on epic cinematic horns, tuned braams, war horns, viking horn calls, nordic hunt horns, dissonant trumpets, creature-reminiscent eerie horn tones, loud aggressive stabs, brass staccatos, long evocative tones, battle horn calls. With the intuitive GUI, you can individually manipulate each sample, combine multiple sounds and obtain your own bombastic war horn stabs and viking braams.
THE SOUNDS OF MALEVENTUM
We’ve recorded a huge deal of instruments to recreate the evocative nordic feel of Maleventum: from horn instruments of the rural tradition in several European countries, to the boasting low end of tuba and trombones to self-built, experimental horns to recreate a massive, bigger than life war horn sound. All of these sounds have been processed to create evocative pads and terrifying horn hunt signals. Here’s a list of some of them:
- Pneumatic War Horn
- Fog horn
- Tuba War Horn
- Baritone War Horn
- Czech Shepherd Trombita
- Sardinian Shell
- Wood didgeridoo with tuba mouthpiece
- Giant PVC horn with trombone mouthpiece (3 meters long)
- PVC Alphorn
- Ciaramella (Shawm)
- Giant Zampogna (Bagpipe)
- Wooden flute
- Fujara flute
MPE is the acronym of MIDI Polyphonic Expression. It is a specific MIDI technology which enables multidimensional instruments (for example Roli Seaboard or Haken Continuum) to independently control multiple sound shaping parameter for each individual note.
Maleventum supports MPE: you can easily MIDI map Volume, Low Pass Filter, High Pass Filter and LFO rate for each of the 4 layers of the playable instrument by using the Mapping screen. All of these parameters can be controlled per note, allowing you to create custom patches of rich, evolving end expressive pads and melodies from over 120 selectable horn pad sounds and textures, 58 MPE Multis and 100+ Snapshots. To discover more about the MPE implementation of Maleventum, please consult our free manual(link).
Maleventum is compatible with any MIDI controller, you don’t necessarily need an MPE-compatible one and you can map the aforementioned parameters to the MIDI CCs of your controller.
EPIC HORN STABS
Maleventum also features a one shot SFX sampler with 260+ samples. The intuitive GUI allows you to individually manipulate each sample at your choice.
Maleventum features an useful Global Tuning function to tune ALL the samples to the same root key with just one knob, which turns very useful for more minimalist and aggressive compositions such as trailer music.
The UI in Maleventum includes also a cinematic low end Boost function, that instantly invigorates the bass frequency register of the samples with just one click, to make you braams really roar.
WHAT’S INSIDE MALEVENTUM
PLAYABLE KONTAKT INSTRUMENT
- 1 Kontakt playable instrument
- 100+ Snapshots
- 58 Multis
- 100+ pad sounds from medieval, pastoral and nordic horns
- MPE compatible
- Polyphonic multitouch control of a variety of sound shaping parameters
- Intuitive custom MIDI mapping
- Sound layer crossfade control
- Up to 4 layers of horn sounds and textures
- Convolution module with experimental IRs (Impulse Responses)
ONE SHOT SFX SAMPLER
- 6 Kontakt one-shot SFX instruments
- 5 folders of high resolution and Royalty-Free sounds
- A total of 260+ one-shot sounds (96 kHz, 24 bit .wav)
- Medieval braams and epic staccatos
- Cinematic war horns, hunt horns and Viking horns
- Fog horns blasts
- Dark wailing horn tones
- Piercing and screeching trumpets
- Alarm horn signals
- Intuitive GUI
- Individual and global tuning for each sample
- Cinematic low end boots
- Global Tuning function (tune all the samples to the same root key with one knob)
You don’t necessarily need Kontakt to use the sounds. You can import every sounds in your DAW, in your favourite audio sampler, video editing software or in any software able to handle .wav files.
However, if you want to use our Kontakt Instruments, at least a FULL version of Kontakt 5.8.1 is required (Kontakt Player not supported).
Your opinion matters. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Maleventum.
I’ve been waiting for this one and it hasn’t disappointed! There is so much great content! The MPE works well and adds a lot of movement and expression! Another wonderful library from S+OS!
Response from Silence+Other Sounds
Thank you very much Douglas, your words are truly appreciated!
All prices listed are exclusive of VAT.
|Available as||Digital Download (x2)|
|PLAYABLE KONTAKT INSTRUMENT|
|Selectable sounds per layer||64|
|MIDI compatibility||MPE and standard MIDI|
|KONTAKT ONE-SHOT SAMPLES
|One shot SFX (total)||260+ .wav 96 kHz 24 bit|
|Number of Kontakt instruments||6|
|TOTAL SIZE AND LICENSE
|Size (unzipped)||7 GB|
|License agreement||Single-user license, Royalty-Free|
|Kontakt (Full v 5.8.1 or later)||KONTAKT PLAY NOT SUPPORTED|
Any Questions? Please read our FAQ
Learn how to use the Kontakt Instruments inside MALEVENTUM
+LEAVE A REVIEW
Leave a review about Maleventum. We would be happy to hear your thoughts.